Sunday, December 8, 2013

Reverb 13: Prompt 8 - Adventure

Reverb is a way to reflect on the past year and project into the next year with a prompt a day for 31 days. The point is to remember, revisit, reframe, reexamine the past year and share stories.

Prompt: Did you go on an adventure in 2013? What sort?

Frankly, this was hard for me to answer. So I took the literal approach...
Short answer: Yes. Yes, I did. I enjoyed both literal and emotional adventures.

Long Answer: This year has been such a physical and emotional whirlwind that there are literally entire months that I barely remember. Below is a short account of my adventures: 

January: Tubing in Oregon


February: Mind-blowing dim sum meal


March: Israel 

This was maybe THE adventure of the year...
April: The Dark Time of Unemployment (or: How I Cleaned Every Inch of My Apartment)

May: NEW JOB and Vegas


June: Prague, Melbourne, and Canada for work


July: Weekend on the Washington coast and The Half Marathon


August: Coordinating a Wedding!


September: Arizona to meet an Internet Stranger (Or: How I Didn't Get Chopped to Bits)

October: The Month I Forgot Even Happened (Or: That Time I Had a Panic Attack And Almost Died At Work, OR: All I Remember Is Eating At One Amazing Italian Restaurant For Megan's Birthday)


November: Denver for Thanksgiving and Hanukkah


December: Reverb! Introspective Adventures...

I really can't pick just one. There are moments that stick out to me as both near and far away, but so much is lost in the blur. The year as a whole has been a brand new adventure in patience, wellness, and mindfulness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment