Thursday, December 1, 2016

Reverb 2016 - Intentions

Intentions //  Let’s set our intention for the month of December on writing, creativity, and expression.  What do you hope to get out of a month of writing each day?  What is your favorite part about writing - the idea, the first words, the final sentiments?


The concept of intentions is difficult for me. I cannot explain why. I tried a month-long meditation challenge and we had to set an intention and even after trying all month it was a difficult concept for me to grasp. But here we go!

My intention for the month is to be present. I am present. I am going to use that for both my meditation and writing practices. I want to take these writing moments to stay mindful and present – to enjoy each day for what it is without stressing about the big picture. The holidays can be full of stress and emotions, but when we’re caught up in the big picture, we can miss the little moments.


My favorite part of writing is the feeling I get after. Fluid thoughts transform into concrete, tangible words to be shared. I don’t love getting started, but once the words start flowing, I leave a bit of who I am on the page. A moment in time frozen in words.

No comments:

Post a Comment