Saturday, December 3, 2016

Reverb 2016 - The Best Gift I Ever Got

The Best Gift I Ever Got // We all remember That One Gift that gave us The Most Joy.  Show us what that gift was for you and describe why it makes gives you all the feels.


This one is hard for me. For while I love giving gifts, receiving gifts is not my love language.

I think my favorite, though, would be a cruise that Hubs and I took a few years ago. It was a graduation gift from him and my parents, and with my parents we took a week to sail along the Mediterranean coast, visiting three countries. It was my parents’ first (and only) Great European Adventure. I will treasure that week we had together. I got to share in that joy as my mom got to finally quench her wanderlust. There were so many moments from that trip and it will always be one of my favorites. The City Hopper in Barcelona. Olive oil tasting in Italy. The pouring rain in France, which meant that I couldn’t climb the castle with everyone else (I had twisted my ankle so I was in a boot). Pompeii.

Things can break. Photos can be lost in a moment on a corrupt drive. But memories last as long as your mind does. And this time with my parents remains one of my favorite weeks ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment