Friday, December 27, 2013

Reverb 13: Prompt 27 - I Peed a Little...

Prompt: What was the funniest thing that happened this year? Was it funny when it happened? Or was it one of those things you laughed about later?

No moments like this really stand out in particular - which is strange because I remember this year to have a lot of laughter in it. But there were also a lot of tears, and I remember those more vividly this year. While I see the year as whole on the bright side (because lessons learned, maturity, circle of life, blah blah blah), the lows were lower than the highs were high. And I can never quite remember what was so dang funny!

I remember standing in my grandmother's kitchen laughing and crying about all the other times we'd laughed and cried and woke her up.

I remember girly laughs over wine tasting and cooking adventures (and mis-adventures).

Game nights with so much swearing, insults, and short fuses. Why are someone else's temper tantrums so funny?

More than a few times at my desk where I caught up with the OKMH "Chat Room" and had to cover my snorting from laughing so hard.

And I remember when one friend started dating a guy who is a strangely accurate doppleganger of another friend's husband. And it makes us think of this clip of Gregory Peck from Family Guy and sends me on the floor in tears, Every. Single. Time.



No comments:

Post a Comment