Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Reverb 13: Prompt 24 - Cray-Cray

Prompt: What one little thing drove you crazy this year? Was it unique to this past year or has it been buggin’ you for a while? How do you intend to get rid of it or resolve it in 2014?

I’ve noticed that as I age, I get more and more crazy about clutter. Dust and things and clutter and just busyness all around me. Mental, emotional, and literal clutter. The Things we carry with us. Why so many things? Why do I attach value to things? Why give power to it? I’m critical of my home’s clutter, but more and more so of my own emotional clutter. Why let these dramatic people influence my life? Why do I torment myself with things that could have, would have, or should have ended differently. I’ve purged my closet, and parts of my room. I’ve tried parts of my life, but the hardest ones to change are the emotional clutter of “hanging on”.


The physical clutter is noticeably easier to get rid of. It will probably be one of my big goals in the new year to continue to declutter and organize (in baby steps and tangible goals). The emotional stuff is more of a work-in-progress. I don’t know how to go about changing it, but the more I can consciously live in the moment, the more I can slowly let go of my imperfections of the past and forgive myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment