Thursday, June 9, 2011

Welcome to my humble posts!


I should start by saying that I don't enjoy being stressed. I like to be busy. Like, crazy busy. Like, since the time that I have graduated college, I have held a full time job and either (1) had a second job or (2) planned a wedding during every waking second or, most recently, (3) took evening classes towards my Master's degree. When I'm not busy, I have unrestrained anxiety energy. Being busy keeps me focused.

Aside from that, I have Crohn's disease and Alopecia (let's talk about the stress?). I've struggled with one, or both of them, on and off for the last decade. They're both as much as part of my life as my wonderful husband is, so they will all be popping in and out of here as I learn coping skills with each of them (even learning things about my husband!). One of the ways that I deal with stress is to cook. That's where this comes in!! Nothing helps me unwind like cooking coming some tasty, eating it, and then telling someone about it!

I hope you enjoy this journey with me - full of bumps - as I get a hold on my disease, and learn how to use new cooking techniques, and share it all with you.

This is not my kitchen. I wish it were. But that would involve living with my in-laws again...

4 comments:

  1. I love this pumpkin!! Can't wait to see what you whip up! You inspire me, in life and in the kitchen. You, rockstar, you! XO! ~Schmoopy aka Megan aka that chick that totally hearts you and semi stalks you - but it's allowed since I am your best friend. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Your first post! I came to visit simply because Megan asked, but I'll be back because of your style! LOVE it! Nice to meet you, Beka!

    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read more. I admire you, your writing style, and you challenges and opportunities.

    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so glad (prob not the right word) that someone else knows what i'm going thru! even though my colonoscopy didn't show crohn's, i still exhibit most of the signs/symptoms. i can't wait to read your posts/recipes.

    ReplyDelete