Monday, January 7, 2013

Winter Cleaning

For some reason, this time of year makes me feel a little stuffy. I guess it's not really "some reason" - it's cold and rainy out, it's starting to get stuffy inside, and cleaning up from the holidays makes me want to keep on cleaning. We've already made 2 trips to the Salvation Army, and cleaned out a lot of other garbage (school papers for recycling, mostly). To top off feeling stuffy, I have been actually stuffy - a cold I've been fighting off and on since my post-Thanksgiving work trip (a challenge from the Crohn's medications, unfortunately). I think I'm finally on the up swing. I stayed on the couch for most of Saturday (didn't even get out of my pajamas - serious vegetable) and by Sunday I was ready for action. I ran (a little) and did a serious bit of laundry and organizing.

You may notice that no where in there did I mention cooking. I haven't been doing much of it. As I hit the worst part of my cold, the hubster has been doing a great job of helping me out by getting my soup (3 dinners in a row) and even cooked "real" dinner tonight (sometimes Kraft mac 'n cheese and Oscar Mayor hot dogs are okay).

Top the cold off with some of the winter blues and stuffiness, I feel almost suffocated by all the "stuff" around me. Which is why my energy has been more focused on cleaning than cooking. Not apologizing, just constantly seeking balance, and finding a place in my life to blog more.

I don't really do resolutions, per se, but I do have goals. It's not that I have anything against resolutions on principal, but I don't just set them at this time of year. I have little goals that start at my birthday, Jewish new year, and American new year. But writing them down is helpful.
  1. Run at least 500 miles. Training off of a healing ankle, I think this is a realistic goal.
  2. Find a place for blogging in my life. It's already in my heart, but I need to action it more. Twitter is not a blog.
2013 is looking to be a busy year, both professionally and personally, and (although cliche to say) I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully, maybe even busy for the blog.

I'll leave you with a photo from my European adventure this past fall. It's me, with my dad's Traveling Gnome. On my head. Because... I'm... classy like that?

Hola.

2 comments:

  1. That's a bummer you have been sick :( Feel better soon! I feel ya on the cleaning. Instead of going back to work, I decided to take an extra week off and totally gut out, organize and clean my apartment. Dusty and I took 2 loads of stuff to Goodwill! I hope you accomplish your 500 miles, that would be freakin' sweet! I hope you blog more because you are so witty, hilarious and an amazing cook! love ya. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grrr! I read about your everlasting cold and I got frustrated. Even though I know a cold is better than other stuff, it is annoying to get sick and have it last FOR-EV-ER (said like the kid in The Sandlot). However, yay for your husband for taking such good care of you. Mac n' cheese with hotdogs? Score!

    ReplyDelete