Monday, January 28, 2013

This post is a test... In FASHION.

Apparently, I've been living under a rock. I just figured out that I can post from my iPad. This must be a new app. Anyway, if this is weird, it's because I'm finger-tapping.

I'm thinking about starting to do a new type of post... An occasional Kvetchin Kloset post. As many of you know, I have Alopecia Universalis, which leaves me balder than a new born babe. I rarely wear wigs. I wear scarves less frequently now because as my eyelashes have recently fallen out, my contacts are difficult to wear all day, and glasses don't cooperate with scarves. Thanks to Country Cleaver for giving me the boost to do this, even if I'm technologically/bloggy inept.

I try to dress in a way that (I hope) compliments my condition. I do a bit on Instagram (@KvetchinKitchen), but I was thinking about sharing some of my favorites here on the blog.

So if this posts... This is what I wore today! I like the conservativeness of the dress with the "nakedness" of being bald. Also, it's cold in my office. The navy is more complimentary on me than black, and I am really warming up to belts. And for as blousey as the dress was, I still thought it was flattering (especially with the contrast of the belt).

Earrings from Forever 21 (Summer 2012)
Dress from Target (Dec 2012)
Belt from Kohls (sold with another dress)
Boots from Chinese Laundry at Nordstroms (from 2011)

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering about the baldness, and I honestly thought it was a bold fashion statement -- and I liked the idea of putting lotion on head :) Love your style. Looks like you found something that pulls it all together and you look FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE the boots. I need... OK, want new boots that are flat - the ones I have that I adore are just too heel-y for many occasions. Please come take me shopping. Imagine the fun we'll have.

    ReplyDelete